The ketogenic diet, also known as the “Keto Diet”, is the diet that mimics fasting physiology. Before you try the keto diet, the most important thing that you need to do is to cleanse your body by detoxing it.
Once the body enters the state of ketosis, it starts using the fat for energy rather than glucose (the blood sugar).
The best way for you to achieve ketosis is through dieting, fasting or by using exogenous ketones.
The only way to reliably verify if your organism is in ketosis is to measure your glucose levels with a special device.
When the device shows you 0.5 mmol of concentration that means that your body is experiencing light ketosis.
However, there are plenty of people that claim they have achieved a stronger mental clarity once they reached 1mmol or even higher.
Losing weight is not the only health benefit from the keto diet, in fact it’s the last thing on the list. Supposing that we dig deeper, the ketogenic diet originally was developed to treat kids with epilepsy and it proved to be very successful for the prevention of cancer and DNA repair.
With the intention to show his colleagues that ketosis, in fact, has the ability to give the body more energy, and not the opposite, Dr. D’Agostino once went to the gym after week-long water fast and deadlifted 500 pounds of weight for 10 repetitions.
That is how serious this doctor is about the Keto dieting!
ACCORDING TO THE RESEARCH THAT DR. D’AGOSTINO HAS MADE, HERE ARE SEVERAL REASONS WHY YOU NEED TO CONSIDER DOING A KETOSIS DIET:
- Anti-cancer effects
- Fat loss and molecular recomposition
- Maintain or increase physical strength
- Better usage of oxygen
- Lyme disease
THE ENTIRE POINT TO ENTER KETO IS TO MAKE SURE THAT 75% TO 85% OF THE CALORIES YOU INTAKE ARE FROM FAT.
HERE’S WHAT YOU SHOULD EAT:
– 4 Eggs (cooked in butter or coconut oil)
– А can of sardines with extra virgin olive oil
– A few slices of bacon
– Half a can of oysters
-Asparagus or any other vegetable
- In place of lunch, Dr. D’Agostino would usually consume a lot of MCT oil powder. However you can choose between any of these lunch options:
- Grilled chicken with lettuce and cherry tomatoes
- Ground beef with lettuce, cherry tomatoes and avocado
- Pork Chops with coconut oil, mushrooms and asparagus
- As you can see, you can consume proteins but you should not eat anything over 100 grams unless you’ve had intense workout the previous day.
- The lunch has always to include vegetables because they are the ingredient that trigger the fat burning during ketosis.
- For dinner you can have a large salad in which you can add a bit of chicken, fish or beef.
- You can also add feta cheese or Parmesan cheese. In order to make it much healthier you can put spinach and mixed greens together.
- As far as 80% of the calories you are consuming are from fat, you are all good to go.