Apple cider vinegar is one of those magical ingredients that can be used in many different areas. Although the basic purpose of apple cider vinegar is to complement food, many people use this natural remedy for cleansing purposes as well as a preventative and curative measure.
Below are five reasons why you should use apple cider vinegar (ACV) as a way to lose weight. Unlike other substances, ACV targets the weight loss problem holistically, providing you with a long-term solution rather than a short-term magic wand. ACV helps you lose weight by tapping into the physiological mechanisms in our body that help with weight loss.
SEE ALSO: 3 Day Diet Plan That Guarantees Weight Loss
Regulate blood sugar levels
- One of the biggest reasons apple cider vinegar is used as a weight loss asset is its ability to control the body’s blood sugar levels. The vinegar prevents the sugar spikes and crashes that we often experience and that force us to grab a bite in between meals. ACV stabilizes your sugar level, which ultimately helps you stick with your diet. When our sugar levels aren’t balanced, we often reach for an unhealthy snack between meals.
Regulate insulin secretion
- Insulin is the hormone linkеd with fat storage and blood sugar levels. People suffering from type 2 diabetes usually have a disturbing level of insulin secretion, which often causes them to be overweight. Scientists have proven that ACV works in a way that is similar to diabetic drugs. The vinegar can regulate and control insulin secretion.
- Another way that apple cider vinegar helps you to lose weight is that by consuming it with your meal. You feel full without the need to grab large chunks of food. ACV provides a feeling of satiety and acts as an appetite suppressor.
- One study has proven that people who eat bread with ACV feel full sooner than people who eat bread without it. It’s the acetic acid of the apple cider vinegar that makes people feel full.
More ACV = no fat accumulation
- The trick for weight loss is to accelerate your metabolism, and apple cider vinegar does exactly that. The abundance of organic acids and enzymes in the vinegar speeds up your metabolism.
- The result is your body burns fatter and it does so at a faster rate. Keep in mind, however, that the only study that supports this claim is a Japanese study conductеd in 2009. Which provеd that acetic acids have an effect on fat accumulation in rats.
- High cholesterol is another condition that is closely linkеd to obesity. By reducing cholesterol, you might not lose weight, but your overall health will improve. Reducing the cholesterol levels help people maintain more energy. Feel more positive and have the energy for working out and exercise.
The Raw Numbers
- One study has proven exactly how much weight loss you can expect by consuming apple cider vinegar on a daily basis. Since the ingredient lowers both insulin and blood sugar levels, it is only logical that you can lose weight.
- According to the study, consuming ACV helps you lower your daily caloric consumption up to 300 calories. And by consuming 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar per day, you can lose up to 2.6 pounds (1.2 kg) over a period of 12 weeks. Double the dose and those numbers rise to 3.7 pounds (1.7 kg).